Real Love series.


Looking back as a 29 year old woman, most of my memorable and life changing faith encounters, have always been of love and the discovery of what real love truly is. And the last discovery I have found of real love, is that it never fails.

Real Love is UNFAILING.

Continuing on with the character of King David, he wrote this psalm after the prophet, Nathan, came to him about his adultery with Bathsheba.

 “Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.”
Psalm 51:1-2

·         After Bathsheba gave birth to their child, on the seventh day, the child passed away. In 2 Samuel 12, the bible says, after the child passed that David got up from the ground, got himself dressed and cleaned and went to the house of the Lord and worshipped.
     Even after David’s sin, he still went to God to repent and worship him and God did not turn him away. 
     So to the one who finds themselves in the words and lines of this page, there is hope and good news because real love never fails. It overcomes sin and it has the power to overcome death and the dead things in your life, hopeless circumstances, weakness, fear, despair, pain and discouragement.

I don’t know your circumstances are, but I pray that you would truly know what real love is. Real love can only come from one person and here is the message I have for you:

You don’t have to fight to be loved anymore because real love wants to find you.
The fight is over.

Real love has a name, but his name is not the name of the man you gave your everything to, who left you bruised, in fear or heartbroken.
Love’s name is not the name of a drug or anti-depressants.
Love’s name is not found in money, power or status.
Love's name is not found in the temporary pleasures that numb you or distract you from your true state which is brokenness...
The name of real love is found in Jesus Christ, so whoever you are, be found in Him. There is a hope for light that shines in darkness and His Name is Jesus.

Many years ago I read a book called Practicing His Presence by Brother Lawrence, a monk who lived a life of solace centuries ago and here is what he says, one short and powerful statement:
“The Love of God is the end.”

At the end of your life, when everything has been said and done and you face the Almighty One, will you recognise Him? Will you be able to testify to the love that rescues, heals and never fails and say, “I know you because I know of your love?” Real love exists despite what your experiences have told you or proven. 

Sunday 6 February 2011. I have never looked back since. My fight to be loved ended on that day… and today, that fight ends for you too.


Call on the name of love... call on Jesus. You can come as you are. He will not turn you away.

[left-sidebar]

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.